16 – 18 November
Margaret River Gourmet Escape
2018 STAR LINE-UP & PROGRAM ANNOUNCED!
Not alone in her affection for the event, other returning stars include crowd-favourites Rick andJack Stein, Tetsuya Wakuda, Julien Royer, Ashley Palmer-Watts, Jo Barrett, Mitch Orr and Guy Grossi to name a few. They’ll be joined by an impressive line-up of first-time chefs and wine experts, to host over 45 events in more than 25 unique and breathtaking locations.
A few of the International stars visiting the festival for the first time includeSkye Gyngell (Spring, UK), Monica Galetti (Mere, UK), Niki Nakayama (n/naka, USA), Edgar Núñez(SUD 777, Mexico), RosioSánchez (Hija de Sanchez, Denmark) and James Lowe (Lyle’s, UK).
New at the Gourmet Village this year:
• Kids 16 and under gain free entry and there’s plenty to keep them entertained.
• The Little Kitchen Garden will prove the Village isn’t just for grown-ups. Children, and the whole family, can learn the importance of food and community. Each half-hour class will introduce children and their parents to the pleasures of growing and cooking their own food.
• Consuming Conversations – an intimate gathering with some of the world’s most influential foodies, hosted by food writer Max Brearley.
• The Wine Hub – a series of informal and engaging wine tastings hosted by acclaimed wine critic Nick Stock.
• The West Winds Gin Masterclasses – Over 50% of the botanicals used in The West Winds Gins are indigenous to Australia. Visitors can learn more about their blends, the distilling process and enjoy a range of tastings in these informative and interactive masterclasses.
• Regional Flavours – cooking demonstrations hosted by Rebecca Sullivan (from Warndu) with local chefs showcasing local producers from around Margaret River and beyond.
• Nick & Mike’s Snack Bar – Nick Stock and Mike Bennie, two of Australia’s leading wine talent, will host a curated journey of drinks with snacks by their good mate, Chef Scott Pickett (Matilda 159 Domain, VIC.)
• MasterChef 2018 finalist Samira Damirova will be keeping her MasterChef mates Reece and Brendan busy as they serve her delicious menu at her pop-up restaurant – Lavash by Sam’s Foodie Goods.
• Lilydale are back to satiate the appetite of hungry festival goers, with a mouth-watering pop-up where they’ll be making delicious piping hot chicken dishes.
• Black Brewing Co farmhouse ale & food matching – guests can sample limited release farmhouse ales by Black Brewing Co, paired with food matchings from their Caves Road Collective kitchen and learn about this lesser known seasonal beer style that’s rapidly growing in popularity.
• Best Seats in the House – visitors can sit on stage, up close to the stars of the festival as they cook and present and receive a taster of the dishes they cook along with a glass of wine.
• Wine & Sign – the most fun anyone is likely to have at a book signing. Limited tickets still available for Rick Stein’s session – includes a copy of his new Road to Mexico book and a glass of wine.